Hello...

Just thought I'd pop in and say "Hi." I'm new to the forum but not new to modeling. I've been modeling for about 30 years now, give or take. Mostly automotive subjects are my thin g but i do deviate on occasion and try my hand at aircraft and armor, although I don't consider myself an expert or proficient modeler of those subjects.

I'm not currently an IPMS member, but have been kicking the idea around of joining somewhere down the road. We'll just have to see what happens.

I'm from Upstate New York and there isn't much in the way of clubs in this area, so I pretty much do my modeling alone and partake in a few forums here and there.

Anyways, that about sums up my quick bio. Looking forward to learning more about IPMS and making new friends here along the way. Thanks for letting me join!

Brian,

Welcome and I assume the IADF mean Israeli Air Defense Force? Which means as the Leader of the MEWSIG (Middle East Wars Special Interest Group) You will fit right in! If not, welcome anyways and you are among friends. Hope to see your work via photographs and it is well worth joining IPMS as a member. The Journal alone is worth the $25 annual fee.

How far UP NORTH are you? I was stationed at Fort Drum for a few years. Other than the ODD weather, I really loved it.

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Thanks for the welcome Mark. I'm about an hour north of Albany in the Lake George area. Yes, I am a huge enthusiast of the Isreali Air Defense Force. i wasa fortunate enough during my tenure in the USAF to spend 6 months working the IADF in Israel. It was an experience I will alway cherish and consider it my most memorable tour of duty, albeit a short one.

I'm definitely interested in your group as well. Looking forward to learning more about it in the future.

Brian,

Here's a link to the website (such that it is)! Always looking for new pictures, releases, models. Anything that fits. I keep hoping to win the lottery and be able to go for a visit in Israel. Maybe someday.

http://www.mewsig.webs.com/

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Welcome to the Forum Brian. You'll get plenty of help. This is a great group! Although I am an aircraft modeler, I'm also a gearhead too (I love muscle cars although I don't model them-maybe you can show me how). Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

I appreciate the warm welcome. Don't feel bad mark, I love aircraft modeling but haven't built much in the way of those, so maybe we can teach eachother. :)

I appreciate the warm welcome. Don't feel bad mark, I love aircraft modeling but haven't built much in the way of those, so maybe we can teach eachother. :)

You bet, Brian. Just let me know. Check out the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Races in Stanton, Michigan each September. They are a hoot! The website is: psmcdr.com. Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333