What Are You Working On? Some Of Mine Here.

Mark Deliduka

This includes a couple of aircraft as well since there is no separate Forum for works in progress.

Take a look.

Okay, here's a few things I've been working on. First off, I'll show the seven Halftracks that I've been working on for the Halftrack/AC Group Build that I'm participating in on the LEM.

Here are my seven halftracks:

WIPHalftrackGBVI.jpg

Next is a UM Models Su-100 that I've been fighting for awhile. I just cannot eliminate the decal silvering no matter what I do. Oh well. This one is not a well molded model anyway...

WIPSu100MXII.jpg

Then, just for something different, I've also been working on a couple of cheap aircraft. This has been done to keep me from burning out on armor.

Here is the old Pioneer 2 F-100 Super Saber. It has got a coat of primer on it to find all the flaws:

WIPF100I.jpg

Next is the Flugzeug Modelbausten Su-7. I primered this one too to find the flaws on this one. I'm actually building two of them since I have them. This is the pic of the one currently in primer:

WIPSukhoiSu7I.jpg

That's what I've been working on so far. Thanks guys.

Comments are welcome.

Mark,

Conceerning your silvering decals, try brushing on Future Floor Wax directly onto the model where the decal goes then while it's still wet, apply the decal and then gently remove the excess. I just learned this and works well.

Tim

Mark,

Concerning your silvering decals, try brushing on Future Floor Wax directly onto the model where the decal goes then while it's still wet, apply the decal and then gently remove the excess. I just learned this and works well.

Tim

Well,

My desk isn't quite that bad. I have the M4A3, a Esci Magach 6, Tamiya/Legend Magach 3, Trumpter Pt76 and Bronco's Staghound.

Mark

I've got a TON of stuff started, but armor wise:

Fine Molds HA-GO; Tamiya M1A1, Brumbar, Stug III; Italeri Crusader; DML BMP-1 and maybe a few others that are not as far along.

Aircraft: Hasegawa Ki-27, Ki-84, A6M2, A6M3, J2M6; Tamiya Pete, M6A1; Fine Molds A7M1, Autogyro; Academy P-47; Revell Ki-21 plus more than I want to admit!

Ships: I-400 (nice kit so far - adding the Eduard PE)

Well lets's see.

Aircraft - just finished the 1/72nd DML Su-24MR and have in work a 1/72nd Fine Molds Me bf109F-2

Armour - 1/35th Techmods T-50 (going into paint when I finish this blog), 1/35th Tamiya 6x6 (gotta finish up the canvis cover to fit the large passenger), 1/35th Tamiya Marder III Ausf, M with DML figures (base yellow coat & decals down, just gotta add the green)

Sci-Fi- 1/100th Starship Modeler conversion for a heavy destroyer from Star Trek

On the up next pile -

Fine Molds 1/72nd Star Wars Y-wing fighter, Revell of Germany 1/72nd F-5E with FCM decals #72-30 of a jet that I used to crew in special Brazilian AF markings, Trumpter 1/72nd F-107 converting it into a "C" model. Armour wise, gotta finish up my Tauro A7V. Oh and finish up my 1/700th USS Mt. Siribachi heavy assault ship conversion - what if.

The ones I am actually working on are:

Universial Carrier Wasp in Canadian service.

Ford F-350 dualie with a scratch build welding bed.

I also have probably 2 dozen others, some going back for years, which may never be completed.

You have an impressive lineup of halftracks there Duke.

To force myself to complete many of the models I've started, I keep a running list of "in-progress" models. When I complete one, I change the color of the font and add the date completed. The completed ones stay on the list with the unfinished ones. Too often I get AMS on a kit and set it aside, but I'm trying to identify the blocking point and get past that hurdle so the work can progress again. Some of these include:

Aircraft: Hasegawa 1/200 Boeing 737-200 (Aloha) [90%]; Heller 1/72 Lockheed EC-121D Constellation [75%]; Entex 1/100 Boeing EC-137D AWACS prototype [75%]; Mach 2 1/72 Convair XF2Y-1 Sea Dart diorama [60%]; Tamiya 1/100 Boeing B-52F Stratofortress [25%]

Military Vehicles: Italeri 1/35 Oshkosh M-978 Fuel Truck [80%]; Revell 1/40 U.S. Army M-35 Military Truck [40%]

Ship: Revell 1/56 Chris Craft Deep Sea Fishing Boat diorama [15%]

Automotive: AMT 1/25 GMC General truck tractor [85%]; Italeri 1/24 Iveco Turbo Star II truck tractor [75%]; Doyusha 1/12 Lamborghini Countach LP500S [30%]; MPC/ERTL 1/25 1987 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible [40%]

Sci-Fi: Aurora 1/72 Flying Sub [50%]; Lunar Models Discovery Service Pod [60%]; AMT U.S.S. Enterprise Command Bridge [25%]; Monogram 1/36 Battlestar Galactica Viper Launch Bay Diorama [10%]

These and more will keep me busy for quite some time. I'm pretty much a generalist in my selection of projects, although I admit I'm weak in armor (tracked things) and ships. Every project is a new learning experience.

Ed

Wow, great lists of projects guys. Thanks to all who posted. Let's hear some more lists guys. Come on now don't be shy!!

Tim, I'll try that Future technique on my next UM model. Thanks!

Chuck, thanks. I saw all these stacked in my stash and decided that it was time to get them built. I figured, why not do them all at the same time?

Ed, I may give your system a shot. It sounds like a great system to be sure you get done. Thanks for posting.

Now, who hasn't posted? Come on guys! I showed you mine, lets see yours!!