coming back into the fold

davewahl

• 4 weeks later...

I am just happy to have been able to come back up with the $$$ to be able to be back in the group. I have missed everyone in the forums and not too often found myself wondering how y'all were doing. Once I get my eye situation taken care of, I hope to be getting some more building in. I have a bunch of plastic in the work area that is saying "Work on me". Which leaves a question to the car builders out there, does anyone have an early small block V8 that I might put in an original AMT 65 Barracuda? When I got it, it was done as a drag style car. I got it brought back to a workable stock car, but with a short hood scoop on itto mask the hole in the hoodso I need a small block 8 to fit the engine compartment. If anyone can help, post me a message.

Dave

Well, I got a good bit of a revelation today. I occured to me that I could use the engine I have with my 63 Plymouth Fury in my 65 Barracuda. It's gonna require a little surgery, but I should be able to make it work. So now I'm over that hurdle and I can get on the stick as soon as my eyesite gets better. All things considered, not a bad job from a gimped out, Half blind chunky guy.

Dave

I am just happy to have been able to come back up with the $ to be able to be back in the group. I have missed everyone in the forums and not too often found myself wondering how y'all were doing. Once I get my eye situation taken care of, I hope to be getting some more building in. I have a bunch of plastic in the work area that is saying "Work on me". Which leaves a question to the car builders out there, does anyone have an early small block V8 that I might put in an original AMT 65 Barracuda? When I got it, it was done as a drag style car. I got it brought back to a workable stock car, but with a short hood scoop on itto mask the hole in the hoodso I need a small block 8 to fit the engine compartment. If anyone can help, post me a message.

Dave

Try Ross Gibson Engines. These are resins and come in a variety of c.i.d.s, i.e for Mopar: 225 Slant 6, 340, 383 413 and 426 Wedge, 426 Hemi, and 440 Magnum, 440 Six Pack. Google it and see what cames up or check your local hobby shop. In 1965, Plymouth's only V-8 offered for the Barracuda was the 273 c.i.d. mill. 1970 was the ultimate 'Cuda- The HEMI 'Cuda! Welcome back!

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Edited by aAzZ09