FineMolds A6M2b

Chris Bucholtz

Here's my latest: an A6M2b flown by Lt. Iyozoh Fujita at the Battle of Midway:

DSC03756.jpg

This is the nicest kit I've ever built. The fit's excellent, and there are provisions for variations in the A6M2b production run. I just wish I had another one! The engine isbashed together with the kit crankcase, an Engines and Things set of cylinders and a scratch-made ignition harness. The cockpit was jazzed up a bit with extra wiring and a Quick Boost Type 98 reflector gunsight. Brake lines were added to the gear, and some screen and a strut were added to the scoop under the nose. The decals came from AeroMaster's Pearl Harbor sheet (Fujita moved up to inherit Lt. Iida's code after Iida dove his Zero into a hangar on Dec.7), and the blue bands were masked and painted.

That's a VERY nice looking Zeke! And (as if I have to ask) it's 1/72, right? :smiley17: Beautiful work Chris!

GIL :smiley16:

\

Yep. It's in the One True Scale. :)

When I had it in gray, I thought, "man! The Japanese figured out that aerial camouflage thing early!" Then I put on the bands and the Hinomarus and thought, "man! Those Japanese were just SPOILING for a fight in 1942...!"

Great Job Chris! Thanks for sharing.

Give me a shout if you really do want another kit - I may have an extra...

Very nice Chris. Excellent!

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)