AEF Designs Gone!!!

Mark Aldrich

Mark.....AEF Designs did some very interesting subjects over the years. Much of his stuff was Israli and unique. I am friends with a person who did many of the masters for Tony. The masters were bueatiful but the products were very "hit and miss". AEF Designs had ZERO quality control for the products sold. I strongly suspect you won't be paying "collector" prices for anything you may find.

Mark

Now I am going to have to pay collectors pricing on anything they used to release.

http://www.aefdesigns.com/

And if you do encounter someone asking "Collector's" pricing on something from AEF Designs - definitely look in the box before buying.

Mark,

Trust me I know. Scored two "Doher" conversions off Missng-Lynx. Both were selling for $49 on his site. One looks like something a third grader would produce and the other is in line with Legend quality. Even if the stuff was bad, I could always use it to make a better part using his stuff as a guide.

John,

Which is exactly what I use MOST of his stuff for. Call me lazy, but if I don't have to go out and measure a real item and then scale it down.....just one less step in the process.

Edited by Mark Aldrich

I first bought AEF Designs conversions for the original Esci M1A1 when that was the only A1 available. What I received was broken and anything done to the resin copy of the Esci turret wasn't anything I couldn't have added to the actual turret with a couple pieces of sheet styrene.

I tried a few IDF conversions a little later, for the old Tamiya M3A2 halftrack, and realized I was wasting money.

Well, not defending AEF but the GOOD "Doher" conversion is really nicely molded. Haven't tried mating it to the lower turret ring yet but it really does look nice.