DAF 380 ATI Tractor

tiking

his is my first 1 / 24 scale truck ever. So go easy on me. This is a DAF 380ati Space cab, an old kit. The kit went together quite well except for some minor issues with battery box, which did not fit well. I also had problems with the painting that caused a rough surface on the passenger side. But besides that, it was a fun kit to build. Hope you all like it. I'm still adding little details every now and then.

daf9.jpg

daf8.jpg

daf7.jpg

daf6.jpg

daf5.jpg

daf4.jpg

daf3.jpg

daf2.jpg

daf1.jpg

daf.jpg

Hi, Charles,

What's with this "go easy" plea? I think this is an outstanding first truck model. You'll scare the socks off of us with your second one if this is just the first. Is this a Revell Germany or Italeri kit? Your weathering of the truck to make it look used is terrific. How about a fuel oil tank trailer to go with this tractor?

I started a 1/24 Iveco Turbo Star II truck tractor many years ago. It's in the painting stage on the chassis and exterior. The cab interior is completed. It's an Italeri kit. I went half crazy with the 29 ejector pin depressions in each chassis side rail piece that needed filling and sanding. Italeri seems to go overboard with ejector pins marks, sink holes, and draft angles on right angle box shapes. I never did find out what color to paint the motor and transmission; no references are given in the instructions; the Internet did not help either.

What was you build time on this beauty?

Ed

Ha Ha...Thanks Ed. It is the Italeri kit. My build time was about 2 weeks but it is shorter if you count the number of hours I had to work on it each day. ;) I am planning on building a boat trailer to go with this but I do not have much space as I live in a two bedroom apartment with my girlfriend and daughter. So I'll have to decide where to put it before building it. It's a bit step from 1/35 scale ;)

Nicely Done Charles, the weathering is first rate and blends together well. As someone who builds models with bright shiny finishes I know how much more difficult it is to produce a convincing weathered finish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is one nice build. If it wasn't for the box it is sitting in, you'd think it is a truck on the road. Question--the chain on the rear, did that come with the kit or did you have to rob girlfriends jewelery box?:lol: Again, this is nice.

This is one nice build. If it wasn't for the box it is sitting in, you'd think it is a truck on the road. Question--the chain on the rear, did that come with the kit or did you have to rob girlfriends jewelery box?:lol: Again, this is nice.

smiley17.gifsmiley17.gif...I bought it at some store that sells all kinds of jewelery for teenagers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I just saw this. I'm mostly an armor guy so I don't look here often, but this is a very nice model. Great weathering and the open tool box is really is an eye catching touch. Did you ever do the boat trailer? If so, please post it.

Great work!

Chuck

Edited by cbush

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chuck. It's been a while since I visited this forum. The boat trailer was completed. I'll make a new thread for the boat trailer. This DAF has since been put into a small diorama.

Edited by tiking

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...