Sanger B-47 in 1:48

superhoove

Well I did it, I ordered the kit. pic's on their web site look good I only hope I can do it justice.

I am going to model it after a Vietnam era ERB-47H maybe even add the testbed F-111 nose!

So many possibilities! I may never get it built. :smiley29:

post-1574-0-19832000-1301947146_thumb.jpg

post-1574-0-01684300-1301947167_thumb.png

post-1574-0-86374000-1301947177_thumb.png

I've got a vac B-47 too. I honestly don't know if it's the Sanger kit, or an old ID vac. However, it's PLAIN, with no resin or metal parts, and a LOT of scratchbuilding will be needed. Still, it's SO COOL.....:smiley20:. Glad to see I'm not the only masochist here! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks for the pics Mike. A 1/48th B-47. Wow. Good luck with this project and I look forward to seeing some in-progress images.

Hey Gil, that's awesome I figured someone out their would have done this or at least thought real hard.....about it LOL! the web site says (and I quote) "White vac formed plastic sheet in 1mm - 1.25mm -1.5mm or 2mm thickness. Crystal clear cockpit canopies, turrets, etc as required. High quality cast metal fittings such as propellers, seats, engines, undercarriage legs, radiators, wheels, guns, aerials, etc as required. Computer drawn and printer controlled decals"

and here is the link if you want to take a look!

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/boeing_b47photo.htm

I've got a vac B-47 too. I honestly don't know if it's the Sanger kit, or an old ID vac. However, it's PLAIN, with no resin or metal parts, and a LOT of scratchbuilding will be needed. Still, it's SO COOL.....:smiley20:. Glad to see I'm not the only masochist here! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Pres, And I will certainly post my progress! I'm real stoked about it. :smiley17:

Thanks for the pics Mike. A 1/48th B-47. Wow. Good luck with this project and I look forward to seeing some in-progress images.