And yet another returning member

superhoove

Hi everyone, I was a member of the Fort Crook Chapter (Omaha Nebraska) back in 1983 It was however short lived, I loved it, my wife did not (nuff said).

Well over the years we raised 4 wonderful children who in 83 were 4, 3, and a newborn, our youngest the 4th was born in 1992.

I now live in Az, and just joined the Craig Hewitt Chapter.

So with the kids now raising their own families, the youngest off to college this year and the wife a little more forgiving of this hobby.... notice I said a little..... I am back!

I still have a bunch of my old models, am still interested in the same era and category that is: 1950 thru 1975 military aircraft in 1:48.

For me its as much if not a little bit more about the research , as it is the build itself. (its got to be as accurate as I can possibly make it) maybe I am a little OCD. (never mind just something my wife teases me about).

My first model was a Monogram Huey in 1:48, I was maybe 10 and my Dad bought it from the BX in Tripoli just before he came back from TDY.

Of course then I didn't realize that the model needed a "little" work to be accurate.... but that all changed as time passed and I grew older and started doing things like wrapping the wire from small electric motors around my Mothers sewing needles for oxygen hoses!

By then it was too late and I was stuck, As I am certain most of you feel the same way.....what a great way to be stuck!

I love the web site and forum, this wasn't available back in the day! and I look forward to talking shop.

Thanks

Sincerely

Mike

Edited by superhoove

Welcome back, Mike!

I'm sort of just coming back myself, having just "downsized" from Georgia to North Carolina after thirty-four years. It wasn't my idea, but the kids and grandkids are all in North Carolina, and I've discovered that the strongest force in the world is the pull between grandma and grandkids.

Did you get to Arizona in time for the recent IPMS/USA National Convention there?

Fred Horky

IPMS# 6390

Thanks Fred,

I know exactly what your talking about, "strongest force in the world is the pull between grandma and grandkids" and I did not unfortunately make the IPMS/USA National Convention here but not because I wasn't here just because things for me have only just recently (like in the past two weeks) started to settle down enough to even consider "getting back into this"

Mike

Mike,

Welcome back and you could not have pick a better bunch of guys to call a club! Tell Steve, this Tacoma Green Dragon thinks Craig Hewitt ROCKS!!

Welcome back amigo! Your story echos many of our own. My kids were all born in the 80's also, and are now grown and on their own (still waiting for the youngest to leave and stay gone <_<). As for the wife.....well impress on her how your hobby keeps you out of the bars! But, don't let her meet any of us at a show, where we will DRAG your butt into the local bar after a tough evening of judging! :smiley4:

Enjoy your new building phase, and please post some pics when ya get a chance!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome back amigo! Your story echos many of our own. My kids were all born in the 80's also, and are now grown and on their own (still waiting for the youngest to leave and stay gone <_<). As for the wife.....well impress on her how your hobby keeps you out of the bars! But, don't let her meet any of us at a show, where we will DRAG your butt into the local bar after a tough evening of judging! :smiley4:

Enjoy your new building phase, and please post some pics when ya get a chance!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil, sounds great! and I will certainly post some pic's of my progress very soon!

Mike

Edited by superhoove

Welcome back Mike! IPMS is always a great place to be. I can help you in the aircraft section between the years 1950 (I was born that year) and 1955,( my era of interest spans 1930 to 1955). After that, I'm out of it. Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS # 14333

Thanks Mark, I appreciate that!

Welcome back Mike! IPMS is always a great place to be. I can help you in the aircraft section between the years 1950 (I was born that year) and 1955,( my era of interest spans 1930 to 1955). After that, I'm out of it. Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS # 14333