Ziploc Bags

cbush

Another modeling supply we can steal from SWAMBO! I use them to store small parts and sub assemblies when I'm building a model.

I need all the help I can get when it comes to being organized. And, I loose fewer parts.

I "ziploc" parts in the boxes after opening/fondling ...

I like clear plastic trays & lids that snacks come in to hold parts, sub-assemblies, etc while working and then I put a lid on them if I haul 'em to club meetings or push them off to the side for a while ...

Ziplocs also work great for storing decals...especially when you don't want them to get paint/water/drool on them.

I've put old yellowed decals in a Ziploc bag, and taped them to a south or southwestern facing window...with the decals facing outward (the sealed bag protects them from any potential condensation contamination). The sunlight will bleach out the yellow in a few days.

The extra large zip-lock baggies (gallon size) can be used to help prevent pe-parts being lost. Just put the fret inside the bag and cut your part off in there....if it does fly off the fret it'll still end up in the baggie!

GIL :smiley16:

• 3 weeks later...