US Army Air Corps between the wars

Aaronw

A couple more from last year.

Accurate Minis reissue of the 1/72 Monogram Curtiss P-6E. Used as a fighter from 1931-36 when the last were replaced by the P-26. Several remained in service as utility aircraft until 1939. This is an aircraft from the 17th Pursuit Squadron, Selfridge Field, MI in its famous "Snow Owl" scheme.

P6E1.jpg

P6E2.jpg

P6E3.jpg

P6E4.jpg

1/72 Revell Boeing P-26A, 94th Pursuit Squadron, Selfridge Field, MI about 1934. Used from 1933-42, it was the first all metal monoplane fighter adopted by any nation since the Junkers D.I of WW1. The decals are from Starfighter Decals.

P261.jpg

P262.jpg

P263.jpg

Edited by Aaronw

Which colours/paints did you use on the P-26? I'm going to start working on a PT-17 soon.

Thanks

Thanks, along with WW1 aircraft these have really brought the fun back to modelling for me. I find learning about the subjects is part of the fun, and I knew very little about these planes so there has been a lot to learn.

I mostly use Pollyscale for the colors now, they have 3 USQM colors, Olive Drab 22, Blue 23, Orange Yellow 24. The P-6E was one of my first and I think I used MM Acryl Chrome Yellow.