National/Regional newsletter award deadline

chkm8t1

Hi All,

Our chapter wants to submit its newsletter for either the regional or national 'Best Newsletter' kind of award and we're unable to find an answer regarding a deadline. Club Pres and region coordinator don't know and as chapter contact, I'm affraid I don't know as well.

Hopefully someone can help us out with this. Thanks.

James,

I think you need to talk to Tim Darrah. The DLC! He should be able to hook you up. I know I have a sheet about deadlines somewhere but would need to check when I get home.

Mark

Hi All,

Our chapter wants to submit its newsletter for either the regional or national 'Best Newsletter' kind of award and we're unable to find an answer regarding a deadline. Club Pres and region coordinator don't know and as chapter contact, I'm affraid I don't know as well.

Hopefully someone can help us out with this. Thanks.

The information has been passed from the DLC to the RC's and should already be in chapter hands -- I know, as chapter contact, I got mine. I can tell you that in R-12, our deadling to the RC is 1 April, but I don't know his to the DLC off the top of my head.

I will point Tim Darrah at this thread so he can soo where the communication break is.

I have informed and reminded the RCs many times about the deadlines for the three National awards - Chapter, Newsletter and Web site of the Year; so I don't know why you say your RC doesn't know. The deadline to me is April 15 as I have to compile the list and get it to the EB NLT April 20. Therefore many of the RCs have used April 1st as their deadline. These dates have also been placed on the IPMS/USA web-based calendar.

In order to become Chapter of the Year, the Chapter needs tro supply the RC with supporting documentation on why they deserve the award.

For Newsleter of the Year, the Chapter needs to suply the RC with three copies of their newsletter from 2010. It would be great of tey are as Word or pdf files, better if they are avaiable online. A short paragraph is also required.

For Website of the Year, the RC is to check out each website in his Region and determine the best one; supporting documentation is also required.

I hope that his answers your questions. If you have any more, please e-mail me at dlc@ipmsusa.org.

Tim