1966 Impala

Fantastic! A wonderful weathering job! Like the '69 GTO Judge before, this '66 Chevy Impala is great! I do weep of course at the realistic effect these cars have on me. I grew up in the muscle car era and I absolutely love Detroit iron. To see some of these cars race today, go to www.psmcdr.com and you'll see some absolutely great autos go down the quarter mile in stock form.

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Edited by aAzZ09

Excellent work I would love to see a tutorial on how you create such realistic weathering.

I second the tutorial request on how you make the rust areas in particular. A snapshoot of one of the many project cars that will never see a fresh coat of paint again! Sad but true.

Impala question: Was the 1965 Impala very similar to this one, except with the triple-bullet tail lights? I think Mom drove one of those in very dark green, when I was a wee lad.

• 4 weeks later...

More great work! Seeing your weathering job makes me (almost) want to break out a car kit to work on!

:smiley2:

Man, you have that weathering thing down really well! I agree with everyone here, you should do a tutorial. Submit it to the mags they would eat it up!

Fantastic work!

Chris