T-55 finished Model

802chrisg

Well here it is, finally finished. It is the ESCI kit of the T-55. I painted it as a SYRIAN Army tank that fought in the 1973 YOM KIPPUR War. Other then replacing the kit barrel with a turned aluminum one and adding plumbing lines for the fuel tanks it is OOTH built. This kit fought me from the start. Lots of ejection pins, clean up of flash, etc. The kit tracks plan Stink, as a matter of fact the whole kit stinks. This was my first T-55 kit I have built. Someone gave this kit to me awhile ago so I built it. I took Mark A.'s advice and just bought the Tamiya kit along with a set of Fruil tracks, turned barrel and PE. Looking forward to that build. The Tamiya kit is a thousand times better.

Well back to this model. I painted it in the Syrian Turrtle camo pattern with Tamiya paints and weathered it with Mig pigments and pastel chaulks. Also gave it a pin wash with dark amber paint. Set the model on a simple base. It's a dog of a kit, but I think I did the best I could. Enjoy!! As always comments are welcomed.

Chris

t-55002.jpg

t-55001-1.jpg

Edited by 802chrisg

Kudos....Very Nice job on the paint. If you got a couple more, I would love to ad them to the MEWSIG gallery!

Kudos....Very Nice job on the paint. If you got a couple more, I would love to ad them to the MEWSIG gallery!

Thanks Mark, I'll see what I can do for you.

ChrIS

Greg & Mark,

Thanks for your kind words. Yes the camo was one thing that I am really proud of. The look of the Syrian Turrtle camo is cool.

Chris

Edited by 802chrisg

The camo scheme is well done. I like it. I especially like that this is the ESCI T-55 and your results defy the prevailing attitude that this kit is just a dog and not worth the effort.

The camo scheme is well done. I like it. I especially like that this is the ESCI T-55 and your results defy the prevailing attitude that this kit is just a dog and not worth the effort.

Frank,

Thank you for your comments The funny part about this build was that it was a dog of a kit to build. So I went with the Turrtle camo pattern just to keep the furstration leave high. I figured if the kit is hard why not do a really hard camo, that way if it comes out looking good then I can say that I Beat the ugly Dog of a kit. It's a modeler mind set thing. :smiley23:

Chris

:smiley20: Great work you have done friend!. The T-55 is of my favorites.

Regards,

Rodolfo

• 2 weeks later...