Detail - Photetch - Update sets

Ron

Okay, my expected answer is going to be "nothing". But I have to ask. Does anyone know of detail - decal - photoetch or update sets for a 1/24 scale Airfix mustang kit.

Edited by Ron

A quick check of the "marketplace" over at Largescaleplanes.com only revealed the aftermarket available for the P-51B in 1/32. All this means is that no one has compiled a listing of products for the 1/32 "D" Mustang there (I myself have a Verlinden set for that) or for any of the 1/24 kits. The "Reviews" on Hyperscale.com also list several sets for the 1/32 Mustang, but nothing in 1/24. I own 2 Bandai 1/24 P-51D's and have a Combat 1/24th "B" half built. With the exception of some old Waldron placards in 1/24th (instrument dials, radio fronts, etc.); I'm not aware of any resin or pe for the 'Stang in the large scale. The good news is that it is easy (if not any less tedious) to scratchbuild stuff that large.

There's better news on the decal front. Cutting Edge, CAM (both out of production), and Eagle Strike all made 1/24 sheets for both the D and the B 'Stang. Some of these sheets may be hard to find outside of a vendors area as large as the Nats, but placing "wants" on some of the trading sites might get some results (or at least better directions to where to find them). Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

It appears Eduard might have done a placard set for a D model. It does appear to be for the Trumpeter kit though. Also a decal sheet for the instruments.

http://cgi.ebay.com/P51-Mustang-cockpit-decals-Airfix-1-24-scale-/300523842415?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item45f89deb6f

Edited by Mark Aldrich