Recently completed F1M Pete

AZKevin

Hello everyone,

This is my rendition of the old (1970's (?)) 1/50 scale Tamiya F1M Pete. There were a few major fit issues between the upper wing and struts to the fuselage and the struts from the lower wing to the floats. If you look closely you'll see that the bottom of the rear cockpit canopy does not match the fuselage profile at all - not sure how to correct this issue. Otherwise not a difficult build. I added alot of detail to the cockpit area and will post some photos of that area as soon as possible. I also added a tremendous amount of weight to the nose of the main float to keep it from being a tail dragger. Overall not a bad kit at all considering it's age.

The model is painted with Tamiya acrylics, decals are all from the kit (they were a bit brittle), and rigging is elastic thread from Aeroclub. Comments, concerns, and error corrections are always appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

Kevin A. Lawton

Dept. of History

Dept. of Quaternary Sciences

Northern Arizona University

Flagstaff, AZ

P1010177.jpg

P1010176.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010174.jpg

P1010173.jpg

Pretty Pete Kevin! Some of those old Tamiya kits from the 70's need some work to bring them up to speed. Looks like you did it right! By the way, did you paint the yellow ID bands on the wings, or are those kit decals too? Congrats, and thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

• 2 weeks later...