F-89D Scorpion

Wildcat

Wildcat,

Very nice model!

What do you use as a primer for the Alcad? I have not used Alcad yet but would like to try it. My last attempt at a natural metal finish did not go so well. The paint peeled badly after masking (I used Testors Buffing Metalizer aluminum). maybe I didn't prep the plastic well enough to get the paint to stick. I'm up for trying Alcad for natural metal under my IJA and IJN green and grey so I can weather the model and leave the undersurfaces natural metal.

I appreciate your postings of models - gives me something to aspire to.

Thanks, Kevin

Wildcat,

Very nice model!

What do you use as a primer for the Alcad? I have not used Alcad yet but would like to try it. My last attempt at a natural metal finish did not go so well. The paint peeled badly after masking (I used Testors Buffing Metalizer aluminum). maybe I didn't prep the plastic well enough to get the paint to stick. I'm up for trying Alcad for natural metal under my IJA and IJN green and grey so I can weather the model and leave the undersurfaces natural metal.

I appreciate your postings of models - gives me something to aspire to.

Thanks, Kevin

I use Mr. Surfacer 1000 thinned 50/50 with lacquer thinner. Then I polish it with micro mesh pads before Alclad. The Alclad requires some practice to get right. Light coats first and then a heavier final layer.

• 2 weeks later...