Gwangi Valley Girl

ajlafleche

Here is another exquisitely sculpted limited edition small scale resin fantasy figure from Studio McVey. This one features a shapely “cowgirl” and a dinosaur. What more is there to satisfy the 13 year old in all of us?

The rider came in 4 parts, hat, left arm, rifle and everything else. The creature was formed from the tail section, torso, left ft and right arms, tongue, cranium and a guiding tendril for each side of the jaw. There is also a small round resin landscaped base as well as a plastic base this would fit into. There are foot print depressions in the base to locate the beast.

I trimmed the base and fit it onto a burled based I bought at the Long Island Show a few years ago and blended in the kit base with Celluclay.

The kit fit together very well and was assembled with Zap-A-Gap green. The only issue was at the base of the tail behind the right leg where here was a slight step. Unfortunately, the lighting at my desk hid this and I didn’t see it until I was ready to photograph the completed model

I went back to my desk, blended the step with 5 minute epoxy and repainted the area to match the rest of the dino.

I chose a palette of primarily reds. Oranges and browns except for the pants that show above the chaps. JoeFix shrub and Silfor grasses to fill out the base.

DSCF8355.jpg

DSCF8415.jpg

DSCF8411.jpg

DSCF8405.jpg

DSCF8401.jpg

DSCF8399.jpg

DSCF8397.jpg

DSCF8392.jpg

DSCF8386.jpg

DSCF8385.jpg

DSCF8381.jpg

DSCF8380.jpg

DSCF8373.jpg

DSCF8372.jpg

DSCF8365.jpg

DSCF8362.jpg

DSCF8375.jpg

Wonder if the horses get a bit nervous when she ties up here "ride" onto the hitch?!:smiley17:

Seriously though that is a fine job especially with how small it is!

later,

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That is amazing! nice paintjob! Can you explain the grasses to me? I have an entire cabinet full of various basing materials, woodland scenics, GF9 turfs, etc. but I've never seen such cool clumps of grass! Silfor? is that a company?