Columbus Ohio, Blizcon 2011

Feb 19, 2011

A reminder that IPMS Columbus Eddie Rickenbacker will host its annual Blizcon 2011 Modeling event held at the Aladdin Shrine, 3850 Stelzer Road, Columbus OH 43219. Doors open at 9.

This annual event always features a packed vendor area with about 100 tables and 500 to 600 model entries.

An IPMS table will been provided by the host chapter for other chapters to place their club information and anything else IPMS related.

For info contact the chapter at IPMSColumbusContest@gmail.com

Hope you guys have a record setting day and the weather cooperates for ya. Safe journies and a wish for a fun filled time for all! I'd be there if I was closer!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Blizcon '11 is in the history books now. The warm, sunny weather, so unusual for central Ohio in Feb, brought modelers out in large numbers. The venders' area was full to the brim and there were 636 models on the tables. Judging was done in record time and went very smoothly with lots of volunteers for a change. I know one modeler has already posted photos on this forum and we took many many as well and will put them on our web site.

Thanks to all who helped out. came to look and/or buy and congratulations to the winners.

Congrats to you and the rest of the club Ron! While I sure the nice weather helped, it's the reputation that Blizzardcon has earned over the last 25yrs that keeps the people coming! The club's hard work, dedication, and integrity has built it into one of the premier R-4 shows. Glad to hear things went so well! Wish I could have been a part of it!

GIL :smiley16:

Congrats to the Columbus crew for a job well done! Wasn't it great that the weather was so cooperative!

I know one modeler has already posted photos on this forum and we took many many as well and will put them on our web site.

Where are these pics?

Never mind found it....

http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/5646-columbus-blizzcon-2011-photos/

Edited by Lumpulus