Trumpeter Kv-1 (1941) Small Turret

JeffS

I have just completed the Trumpeter KV-1 and have to say that Trumpeter Armor and I get along very well. My other project was the Strv103B. This project is out of the box. The kit comes with several options including segmented or vinyl run tracks. I used the vinyl but in retrospect, there maybe could be more sag in the tracks than the vinyl allows. Trumpeter added some very nice weld seams on the hull pieces. Cleaning up the seams some of that detail was removed so by stretching sprue and attaching it with Tenex 7R, they were recreated with the edge of a very small screwdriver blade. :smiley14:

Overall colors was Tamiya Black Green oversprayed with Tamiya Field Green. That is my redition of Russian Tank Green. :smiley24:

Thank you for looking

100_3814.jpg

100_3815.jpg

100_3816.jpg

100_3817.jpg

100_3818.jpg

Guest Bun E. Carlos
I have just completed the Trumpeter KV-1 and have to say that Trumpeter Armor and I get along very well. My other project was the Strv103B. This project is out of the box. The kit comes with several options including segmented or vinyl run tracks. I used the vinyl but in retrospect, there maybe could be more sag in the tracks than the vinyl allows. Trumpeter added some very nice weld seams on the hull pieces. Cleaning up the seams some of that detail was removed so by stretching sprue and attaching it with Tenex 7R, they were recreated with the edge of a very small screwdriver blade. :smiley14:

Overall colors was Tamiya Black Green oversprayed with Tamiya Field Green. That is my redition of Russian Tank Green. :smiley24:

Thank you for looking

REALLY NICE JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100_3814.jpg

100_3815.jpg

100_3816.jpg

100_3817.jpg

100_3818.jpg

Awesome..

A couple of questions about the build:

The scale is 1/35, correct?

How did you find the quality of the parts and the instructions? (I have not had a look at the newer Trumpeter kits)

AC

Thank you all for the remarks.

Scooter, the scale is indeed 1/35. Overall I really like Trumpeter Armor. I am not a rivit counter but I do care about a nice building model. The instruction sheet is well thought out and the artwork make the assembly pretty much fool proof. The other build was the Styrv103B and again very easy to come to terms with.