Bronco's YW-531C

Mark Aldrich

While I have been busy with the website, I actually was able to start a new project......Thanks to the Review Corps. Here is the new YW-531C.

100_6788.jpg

100_6787.jpg

Edited by Mark Aldrich

GIL,

No ignorance. It is in fact China's first indigenous APC export version. The original is actually the Type 63 and was exported to Iraq in the early 80s. These were encountered during Desert Storm with the ambulance version (YW-750) and Command (YW-701A).

Good heavens man, that work area is so clean! Wheres all the paint bottles and glues spots. I wish mine was that neat. I wonder how anything nice comes out of my workbench. Looks like a fun build so far.

Here is last weeks progress. The PE Brass is too big for the intakes. The tracks do click together put can come apart

100_0249.jpg

100_0250.jpg

Yea I am.......The model desk is a mess as one of my beautiful wooden cabinets has had an issue and gone back to the maker for repairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is this weeks work. RoadWheels painted and more hull work. The arms are very flimsy and care must be taken when attaching the wheels.

100_0289.jpg

100_0286.jpg

This weeks progress.

Stretched sprue wire for the lights.

100_0484.jpg

The track is from the kit. No glues has been added. It has received paint and gloss coat and is still holding.

100_0483.jpg

While I was airbrushing, I added paint to an Eastern Express BA-6 Armored Car and WC-54 that needed the driver compartment and underside ODed.

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

This weeks progress.... The tracks held together for so long but when I got them mounted, I used Testors Liquid Cement and it almost ruined them. If you plan to set these, I would advise using ultra thin super glue.

100_0492.jpg

Also some more paint work on the Ambulance.

Ambulance.jpg

This is my Jerry....I have been working on it over the last two nightly builds at Randy's house. I have replaced the MG34 looking thing with a 40mm barrel and some scratch bits and the claw is being replaced with a thermal jacketed 105mm cannon from Barrel Depot. Still not sure how I plan to cover the visible nuts and bolts that hold the legs together and hold the legs to the hull.

Jerry.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an ad in this month's FSM where they're going to release the ambulance version (YW-750?).

I might have to pick that one up!

Good work, BTW!

Edited by Richard

Richard,

The ambulance version is already out. They are also releasing an early Chinese version and a Command version.

DSC02375-2.jpg

Here's one example in front of the Kuwait National War Museum. This photo is from Nov 2008. Never mind the fat, no-neck doofus in front.

I may actually have other pictures of this thing. I need to check my computer.

Rob,

Nice picture! I am actually almost done but as I have the ambulance and command version still to build, I am always looking for good reference photos.

:smiley20: Excellent work in progress friend. i hope to see more pics soon!

Regards,

Rodolfo

Finally, After heartache and heartache of the driver's side light wiring, I got it assembled and base painted.

100_0957.jpg

While I had the Gun out and the booth hooked up, I put down a base coat on the assembled Jerry!

Jerry3.jpg

Thanks guys. I hope to have both finished by Friday night. I am dedicated to the YW and it only really needs lights, tow cables and periscopes. The Jerry is another matter.