IPMS UK ALSO HAS AN OPEN FORUM

noelsmith

I'm not sure if many of IPMS UK's counterparts in the USA are aware of the IPMS UK Forums.

The IPMS UK Forum has been an open forum for a number of years, so I thought that I would place this post so that any USA Modellers could also use it as well their own.

As I see it our two forums will enable bonds to be strengthed between our respective modelling communities and indeed for modellers all over the world.

Edited by noelsmith

Its a great Forum and very informative. I registered a year or so ago when I was bulding the TSR-2 by Airfix. I found that the gents who replied to my posts were knowledable and very helpful. I'd recommend a visit by anyone who wishes to find a friendly and helpful model-centered environment.

• 10 months later...

Hi Gil

I don't think you need to worry too much about the spellings.

We have a joke going around over here in the UK that Bill Gates has not been told that there is no such thing as US English.

Joking aside it does'nt matter as long as we understand each other.

I enjoy reading Fine Scale Modeller......Whoops! Modeler!

One of my daughters lives in London, and after 2 years now little "idioms" are starting to seep into her emails. Cracks me up! As an aside, she decided to host a Thanksgiving dinner for her friends, though most didn't have a clue as to what it's about. I told her to tell them it was simply to give thanks for a bountiful harvest and a native population to steal it from! :smiley17:

GIL :smiley16:

Hi Gil

It does not surprise me that most of us Brits over here do not know the connection between Thanksgiving and the Pilgrim Fathers voyage in the Mayflower from Plymouth here in England to the New World. Maybe we ought to lobby Parliament for another holiday to celebrate! Looks like your daughter had to give her British friends a bit of a history lesson before they could enjoy their turkey!

However, American style Halloween celebrations have caught on in a big way over here in the last 10 years or so, especially the kids trick or treating for sweets (candy). It has been shown on our calendars since ad infinitum, but not generally celebrated much over here before, (Except by real covens!).

All the best