Color of modern carrier deck tie downs?

burner12

Gray. I don't recall seeing white under the tiedown locations on the current carriers.

Well with the Constellation and Kitty Hawk, with the plan views I've seen of them the tie downs were white. But of the Nimitz class I've only seen grey.

But do you know what color grey? I would say panzer grey.

Ok, Let's clear this up. As a former Catapult crew chief it basically is a west coast vs east coast thing. East coast were painted White, west coast were painted grey. Why? I haven't a clue, but that was how it was done. Also they are not called tie downs in the Navy, that is an Air Force term. They are called PAD EYES.

Ok, Let's clear this up. As a former Catapult crew chief it basically is a west coast vs east coast thing. East coast were painted White, west coast were painted grey. Why? I haven't a clue, but that was how it was done. Also they are not called tie downs in the Navy, that is an Air Force term. They are called PAD EYES.

So you're saying on east coast carriers pad eyes were painted white, and west coast they were grey?Well what color grey is the flight deck?

Edited by burner12