New Dragon Bf109E-4 1/32 scale Wing Tech Series

DavidF

FYI: Just found out Sprue Brothers now has this kit in stock and immediately went and ordered one. Can't wait for it to get here and check it out. Probably won't start it for a few weeks or more, but I just had to grab one as soon as it became available.

I’m actually giddy with excitement! :smiley4::smiley20:

Wow.....doesn't that make 3 1/32 Bf-109E's in the last year (Trumpeter, Eduard, and now Dragon)? I'll just stick with my ancient Hasagawa kit (and the aftermarket I have for it) since I'm a glutton for punishment. However, I am interested in whether the new Dragon kit is any better than the last 2 1/32 109E's. My understanding is that they were less than desired by the Luftwaffe hard corp.......

GIL :smiley16:

However, I am interested in whether the new Dragon kit is any better than the last 2 1/32 109E's. My understanding is that they were less than desired by the Luftwaffe hard corp.......

GIL :smiley16:

That's a understatement and then some.

People give the Eduard offering more slack than I do but it's a damn fiddley kit with lots of errors that shouldn't have happened...and the Trump kit is worse.

The Dragon kit had issues on the test shots with the canopy, it's suppose to be fixed but the only on-line build is by Jerry Crandel and I'm not a fan.....I need to see the kit real-time 1st or have some that know's Emil's get one 1st......I saw 2-3 other things wrong with the posted on-line sprue shots but that could be distortion on the photo's.

I don't plan on being the 1st to jump on one this time...I still got a POS Eduard E-1 that's going to end up at the target range someday.....

Well I'm not that wrapped up in the details. For me the price was right and I just want to have a good time building it.

That, my friend, is supposedly what model building is all about!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Well I'm not that wrapped up in the details. For me the price was right and I just want to have a good time building it.

Same here, that's why that Eduard Emil sit's...it's not what I call a enjoyable build