Hello from N.C.

Ernest

Hello I am Ernest Harmon the CC for the Foothills Plastic Pros.We are out of Conover N.C. I operate 2 CNC milling centers for a living.I build mostly cars but am open to building anything that catches my eye,or leads to learning a new technique.I paint most all of my body work with automotive urethane's and do my detail painting with Tamiya acrylics.I attended my first IPMS show in 2005 it was the V.A. Shootout I came home with one 1st, 2 2nds and 2 3rds. After this show I started talking to my club about becoming a chapter in the IPMS. My next IPMS show was the 2008 regionals hosted by the Spartanburg Scale Modelers.At this show I had a good showing also coming home with 1 3rd,2 2nds a 1st in TV/Movie and a best in TV/Movie. I make contests when possible but must admit I work alot of Saturdays to support my interests which in addition to models include,R/C Helicopters,Planes and cars.I also have a 1963 VW that I am restoring to close to origina,l it is lowered and has a 1776 cc engine dual weber carbs and built transmission.What can I say I'm a 47 year old kid :D.

Welcome to the party Ernest! Sounds like you are just like us.....adults who love our modeling as much as when we were kids! At least my 2nd wife knows I'll never grow up! :smiley20: Glad you're here!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome to our show, Ernest, from a fellow modeler in the Texas Hill Country. You're in for the modeling time of your life! This is a great hobby to take with you the rest of your life. There's lots of modeler expertise here, so help yourself. Happy New Year,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333