1st Project of 2011

Dick Montgomery

I'm starting the new year by working on a project that I've wanted to do for some time now. I acquired a built up XSL-01 by Revell, and while it wasn't in bad shape, it needed considerable work done to it. I decided to disassemble the entire model and restore it. I actually began work on this project on Dec 19th and have another month or two to go before completion but it will definately be my first project completion for 2011.

You can view the box art by using this link.

http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/box_art_album/Manufacturers/QRST/Revell+Box+Art/XSL_01_Revell_H_1800.jpg.html

Images of the restoration will follow in the next few weeks.

What will your first 2011 project be?

I'll be starting the new year with a clear bench....so I can build ANYTHING I want! :smiley20: Now if I could only figure out what that is......:smiley13: I've got a '34 Ford (Lindberg 1/32 curbside) I've tinkered with a little, 2 1/48 P-26s with a set of Yellow Wing decals for each, and a 1/48 F-4C Phantom with the Phoenix convention decals all sitting in the "next" pile. But who knows! :smiley4:

GIL :smiley16:

I think many of my 2011 projects will be ones from pervious years that I have fallen through the cracks, or have ended up in the pile of shame...

Well, my 2011 projects will be what I didn't finish last year, as well as the 1/32nd jet I'm building. Plus, I have two airships as well as a modern US Cruiser and an armored train to finish. This is what is planned so far; it doesn't include the 40+ other models I might decide to start and finish this year.

I have 3 What if aircraft builds to finish up, two that need some masking for stripes and another I need to procure some small USCG markings (or find someone to print me some).

Several other What if projects in the plans and want to finish some 72nd armor and some sci-fi builds. May even work on a car model or one of my Catwoman kits.