Anyone know when the 1/48 Tamiya Ki-84 was first released?

TimHortman

Hey everyone,

I'm going through my stash looking for a quick build for the upcoming year.

Does anyone know when the Tamiya 1/48 Ki-84 Frank was first released? I can find no date on the box, or the directions, and I recently got rid of my old Tamiya cataloges.

Thanks for your time!

Tim

Thanks James!

Gents - I too was surprised that the kit was that old. I knew it was over 30, but I didn't think it was pushing 40!

:smiley20: Tim,

I recently finished building the Tamiya Ki-84. No date on mine either so I can't say for sure if it was original or a re-issue by Tamiya, but the important thing is that I had NO major/serious fit issues - decals were a bit brittle, but all-in-all a very enjoyable build.

Best wishes with your build

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I have yet to find a image of one, but I think the original box would have had the kit as 1/50 like the Pete and Myrt did.

No worries if I can't find something more definate - I DID see that the date 1972 was stamped on one of the sprues (up at the top where the Tamiya logo is).

I wanted to get back into my lost habit of trying to build at least one "vintage" kit every year...

Happy New Year to all!

Tim

I agree Gil,

The one I had going for last year (and have yet to finish) was the Revell 1/72 Ki-21 "Sally". I found that to be a nice little kit that was way ahead of the others of the day.