CMK Engine, most won't be seen ..Dudry.gif

CMKR2800engine.jpg

Brutally challenging components

Wheelwell1.jpg

Will keep posted over the Holidays when I have Man-Cave time

Cheers

Hints and comments Welcomesmiley14.gif

Bill

I've always liked the Marauder, and built that kit back in the 80's. As I recall, the cowlings were the toughest work, and the fit overall was not one of Monogram's better efforts. Still, the provided detail is very good even by today's standards and the overall shape looks great. I've seen some really nice models built form that kit with some elbow grease and old-school skills. I look forward to seeing your progress!

GIL :smiley16:

I've always liked the Marauder, and built that kit back in the 80's. As I recall, the cowlings were the toughest work, and the fit overall was not one of Monogram's better efforts. Still, the provided detail is very good even by today's standards and the overall shape looks great. I've seen some really nice models built form that kit with some elbow grease and old-school skills. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks Gil

Your right the nacelles are brutal. But thats what we have Modeling skills for ,Right?

Will post updates during Holiday Break

Cheers

Progress continues however challenging

I know most of this engine will nort be seen ,but what the heck

CMKR2800wired.jpg

ResinInterior.jpg

Some of the most challenging parts getting the nacelles to "Blend"

Nacelleclosertofinish2-1.jpg

We March ONsmiley23.gif

• 4 weeks later...

That's taking shape nicely. Are you doing a OD/gray bird, or will you dare to bare the metal?:smiley4:

Thanks

My plans are for faded OD on Upper surfaces and Natural Metal Below. Sissy way of handling the large amount of surface work.

A true classic! Looking forward to seeing that paint scheme....and noting sissy about it!

Looks like the nose piece went on nice & clean. That one is usually an eye-catching disaster for me. Did you use any special techniques there?

Actually the front clear parts went on with almost no fit problems.smiley20.gif

I future'd them back in December and they came out very nice. My first task when building aviation is to future the clear pieces.

Thanks for the commentssmiley17.gifsmiley17.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings

We are progressing

Question

Any suggestions on buffing/sanding the Paint to smooth out the finish without removing much Paint?

Thanks

PS Paint is still drying in Photo...strange looking Shades

ODpaintfromAutoShop.jpg

Thanks Gil

I made huge mistake and applied Testors Gloss coat over the enamel OD.:smiley13: :smiley13: After serious bad reactions .I am now removing all the OD paint on the upper surface.:smiley19:

Trying Mr Color paint remover for first time..So far looks very effective .May have to publish some comments after using this stuff. I had never heard of it.

Cheers

Try a cheap brand paper towel (not the cloth Bounty type). It should smooth the paint a bit without really removing much.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work, what did you use for your NMF? I am inspired to have another go at my old monogram B-26, thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing your next update.:smiley32:

Nice work, what did you use for your NMF? I am inspired to have another go at my old monogram B-26, thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing your next update.:smiley32:

Thanks

I used Alclad "Polished Aluminum" over the Alclad Gloss Black Primer. Thinned Primmer way down for a smotth Finish

Staring to reward me for the 3 month effort

Cheers

will keep this topic posted...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :smiley16:

Thanks, Im not sure Who,s bending Who.

Upcoming Photos End of week

Thanks for the Interest

Officially "OFF THE BENCH"

A classic Monogram 3footer...!!!smiley17.gif

She is finished and battled all the way

Any Interior work is worthless(cant See it)

Engines are resin and wired..(Cant see them)

Gunze, Alclad, Testors DullCoat and Tamiya weathering kits

B-26Frnt.jpg

B-26nose.jpg

I love the MV blue lenses

B-26portsd.jpg

Love the Photo-etched barrels

B-26NoseGunbarrelDetail.jpg

Any and All comments welcome

I'll gladly repeat my praises! That's an an OUTSTANDING example of beating a kit into submission. That Marauder has one of the worst reputations for fit of any Monogram model, and your skills prevailed. Congrats on a great build, and thanks for letting us ride along with ya!

Thanks for the compliments Gil

I have to say the support from guys like yourself helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers

That's an an OUTSTANDING example of beating a kit into submission.

Absolutely. Love the look of this bird. NICE job!

Thanks for the Compliments :smiley20:

• 3 weeks later...