2010 Completed Builds

DavidF

With just getting back into the hobby and all I took my time and set 'steady improvement' as my goal for this year. I only completed 5 builds (well one still needs work, but will be finished by the end of the year so I'm counting it) but I can see steady improvement with each one and most of all I had a blast building them.

Here's the first kit I tackled back in January after many years away from the hobby, Tamiya's 1/48 Brewster Buffalo:

buffalo.jpg

Kit number 2 was a HobbyBoss Wildcat. This build was extremely challenging due to the poor fit of all the major components:

wildcat.jpg

Build number 3 was a fantastic kit. Eduard's 1/48 F6F-3 Hellcat.

hellcat.jpg

Build number 4 was Tamiya's 1/48 Bf109E-3. Another great kit.

109E.jpg

and my latest, Hasegawa's 1/32 Bf109G-6. This one still needs a few things to be finished, but I'll make it by the end of the year.

IMG_2570.JPG

Also on the bench is a Dragon P-51D. Won't finish this one until next year, obviously.

IMG_2571.JPG

There were a couple of over attempted builds this year. Let's just say they failed to return from their final mission. :smiley11:

In addition to the P-51D, my plans for next year include another Hasegawa Bf109G-6, plus a Hasegawa P-47D and Fw190A-8, all in 1/32 scale. Maybe I'll have the nerve to enter one of them in one of the Oklahoma or Texas contests. Another goal I have ;)

Feel free to comment if you like or post pics of your 2010 builds.

David

Edited by DavidF

David,

First let me say great job on all of your models. Second you need to enter them. Not just because they should win an award, but because they need to be seen by others. Your work is very good. Oh an don't fret about the shelf Queens, I have them too. Or did they fly off into the sunset never to be seen again?dry.gif

Edited by 802chrisg

Those all look great to me David! You really shouldn't be shy about showing them off or entering them in a contest.. Looks like you've gotten into the swing of things and 2011 should be a banner year for you!

GIL :smiley16: