Kawanishi N1k1 "rex" Finished...

Wulf

This is Tamiya's 1/48 Rex with spinning prop action. Something a little different. The kit was okay but not as easy as everyone claims, at least for me. The finish is MM enamels and acrylics with an Alclad base coat. The insignias were painted on as well. The weathering is salt-chipping, airbrushed post shading and some pastels. A rust colored wash was used to simulate some corrosion on the floats. The water effect on the base is a kleenex sprayed down with water based glue. That gave the tissue a wavey effect. Then painted with sea blue and brushed white for the wave caps. Then a clear gloss coat to finish. This was one of those builds I just couldn't get into but finished it anyway. It's not my best but I still enjoyed it. Comments and crit welcomed...

Andy

Rexbottomleft.jpg

Rexbottomright.jpg

Rexleftrear.jpg

Rexpilot.jpg

Rexpit.jpg

Rexrightrear.jpg

Rexspining.jpg

Rextopleft.jpg

Rextoprear.jpg

Rextopright.jpg

I think you're too hard on yourself! I'm really impressed with the "scale" look to the water....not at all what I expected by your description (napkin=water??) but it worked really well! I also like the chipping you applied. I understand the lack of motivation towards the end of a project, especially if it doesn't meet the expectations you had when you started. However, I think you succeeded better than you think, at least in my opinion! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

• 3 weeks later...