Troy from St Louis

AKPilot

Troy here from St. Louis.

Retired from the Air Force after 22 years of active duty, now working for Boeing, Defense.

I'll start here and see if anyone can help and if not will post elsewhere in the forum.

Am building an Academy 1/72 OV-10, mainly as reference for a larger r/c project coming up this winter. Am modeling after an aircraft at at one of the bases I was stationed at; Osan AB S. Korea ('86-87).

I've got a picture of the aircraft, but really need to find out what the three colors are. Would anyone happen to know where I can find the aircraft colors for such aircraft? I've already done an internet search without any success. Basically, I'm looking for the tri-color camo, painted on USAF aircraft, in the '80s. Is there a web site that lists what the federal stock numbers were? I've been able to find them for Vietnam, but not for after that timeframe.

Also, does anyone know where I can find good reference material for the OV-10? Again, have done an internet search but, can't seem to find any good shots of the cockpit.

Tks

Troy

• 1 month later...

Troy .... I have a copy of USAF T.O. 1-1-4 from about 1980. It is the source document for all USAF camo patterns of the era, plus a wealth of other material concerning paint and marking USAF aircraft. If you give me an e-address, I can scan the relevant OV-10 page and email it to you.

Fred Horky

IPMS #6390

P.S. I'm retired AF as well, although from a different era ...I've been retired for almost 34 years! What was your career field?