What ONE Model MUST You Build in 2011?

ewahl

• 1 month later...

John,

I'm sorry but I don't think it looks anything at all like the Jack in the Box cup or the Corvette visible behind the car model.

In January I wrote down all the names of kits I have in a certain group put them all in a hat shuffled them up and picked one because I could figure out which one I would like to build next. The winner was a Model Factory Hiro Ferrari F2007 multimedia kit. My plan if all goes well is to finish it by October and show it at Modelpalooza 2011 in Orlando.

Hey John: you can save a ton of time if after installing the interior and chassis, you don't paint it and just set it on concrete blocks! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

I'm quite sure that would save a lot of time. I do, however plan to build it as my first car which is what is causing all the modification.

John

I have an old Aviators 1/48 Betty vacuform that I REALLY need to just get done with. The parts are cut out and a good friend sent me some leftover Tamiya and TD parts to detail it a bit.

Later,

Lee

Hey John thats my dad's car I took to the senior prom in 65

Rod

I was driving that car at the time of my prom. My memories of it are quite different than the reality, I'm sure.

See me at the Nats and I'll tell you story about that car and my night.

If I can finish off the 1/16th scale scratchbuilt Bugatti Type 59 that I have about half done, i will be happy.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to complete the Dragon M1A2 SEP in time for SuperCon 2011 in Fort Worth in September!

Everyone's gotta have a dream, right?! :smiley16:

Psssst.....Richard,

You may want to start looking for a translator on the instructions now. I hear they require it for this kit!

I posed this question about a year ago for 2010. There were lots of responses, but that whole thread has vanished, so everyone can claim they actually built what they said they would.

Hmm...maybe one of the ones I planned to do in 2010...

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but thought I would add my 2 cents worth. I currently have the Monogram B29 waiting in the wings but that will be tackled after I become more experienced. Was working on the Monogram B17 but, after I joined the fuselage halves, real problems surfaced but that is another topic. The B17 went in the box and is awaiting a calmer me :smiley19: . Currently working on an old AMT/Ertl Diamond Reo cab which I HOPE to get to show quality. This looks like a fun build and the aircraft will have to wait

1/400 Russian Aurora Armored Crusier, refit to 1940 for a web group build and 1/72 Revell PT 109 for the club group build.