What ONE Model MUST You Build in 2011?

ewahl

Hi, everyone,

I posed this question about a year ago for 2010. There were lots of responses, but that whole thread has vanished, so everyone can claim they actually built what they said they would. Now we ask the question for 2011. What is the ONE kit of the many, many on your to-do list that you absolutely must finish? Just ONE! Be specific! Evasive answers like "any new kit by Wingnuts" or "this ship or that car or maybe a military vehicle of some sort" will not cut it. A year from now we will revisit your choices and ask if you really did build them. That was the intent now for 2010, but the list turned into electronic vapors at some time in the last 12 months.

Ed

The one I really want to build this next year and do an outstanding job on is Hagesawa's 1/32 P-47D Thunderbolt "Nose Art" #8202. If all goes as planned, it could be my first contest entry.

David

Edited by DavidF

I am not picking two but it will be either the Bronco YW-750 or the YW-531C! The final decision will be based on whichever I get my fat little grubby hands on first. If, I happen to get them at the same time, it will be the 750 (because it is an Ambulance). I Model the Middle East Wars, love ambulance vehicles (the only wheeled German armor [softskin] or dare I say it....CIVILIAN VEHICLE left in my collection are VWs (for ambulance conversions and the Esci Medical wagon) and currently have nothing from the Iraqi side built.

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

The 1/350 Trumpeter USS Saratoga in pre-WWII fit, with the wooden deck and all of those yellow wing airplanes on it.

Well yea, this IS the same model I listed as a must build for 2010.:smiley9: ....so what's your point? :smiley4:

GIL :smiley16:

This is not a "must build", it is a "must finish" because I've already started it, about the day after I got it in 2009 -- the Resicast 1/35 Rolls Royce Armoured Car.

Probably the same one on that lost 2010 thread ....

I do have it sitting on the bench, waiting 2 others to be finished before New Years ....

My 1/32" Curtiss P-6E Hawk vacuform. I'm already 380 hours into this project since I began in the Fall of 2009. I hope to begin main assembly after Christmas and completed by late Spring of 2011.

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

This is not a "must build", it is a "must finish" because I've already started it, about the day after I got it in 2009 -- the Resicast 1/35 Rolls Royce Armoured Car.

Probably the same one on that lost 2010 thread ....

I do have it sitting on the bench, waiting 2 others to be finished before New Years ....

Well, the RRAC WILL BE finished, but my real MUST-BUILD was just announced, and ordered, today .... Wingnuts Wings 1/32 RE.8

I have been waiting on this one since WNW started producing kits ...

Merry Christmas to me ....

Well, I started an armored train this year and then sidelined it. I'll submit that as my "Must Finish" kit for next year. I would have said the Dora, but I haven't gotten it yet. Still waiting for more money so I can order it.

David,

You make me feel GOOD. I only have 6 shelf queens right now.

Duke,

I thought you were going to say, "one kit?????? Shoot might as well ask, What 20 kits must you build in 2011????

Hi, everyone,

I posed this question about a year ago for 2010. There were lots of responses, but that whole thread has vanished, so everyone can claim they actually built what they said they would. Now we ask the question for 2011. What is the ONE kit of the many, many on your to-do list that you absolutely must finish? Just ONE! Be specific! Evasive answers like "any new kit by Wingnuts" or "this ship or that car or maybe a military vehicle of some sort" will not cut it. A year from now we will revisit your choices and ask if you really did build them. That was the intent now for 2010, but the list turned into electronic vapors at some time in the last 12 months.

Ed

In the last post I said something along the line of needing to build one of the Northampton Class heavy cruisers from WW II...I finished 2 and started a third. This year I set the goal a little higher. For a specific answer for this post I will state I must complete the Monovell 1/48 F-100D in the markings of the 67th FBS. This will be part of the collection I've decided to complete this year of the family tree of the 67th FS. I still need to build the F-100, F-105D and F-4C. I'm also hoping to complete a collection of all the Northampton cruisers this year. Last year I finished a collection of My jets as well (4 F-4E, 3 F-15C and an F-15D)

David,

You make me feel GOOD. I only have 6 shelf queens right now.

Duke,

I thought you were going to say, "one kit?????? Shoot might as well ask, What 20 kits must you build in 2011????

Well, if one must know.....

The armored train is one, plus the six other models on my workbench right now. In addition to those, the Dora railgun, and more I will list later.

How about everything I've already got halfway started. At last count the "Hall of Shame" was over 25 kits.

Sad to say, but I too am in the club. Count up to 13 kits and growing. I just cannot help myself. When a kit on the bench is drying with glue or paint, I'm just sitting there doing nothing but looking at my stash behind me and say, OH YA THAT ONE WOULD LOOK GOOD NEXT.

David you hit on a topic that I do not think we talk about much. "How many kit do you have started, but not done?"

Chris

Edited by 802chrisg

My 1/32" P-6E Hawk. I've been at it since September of 2009. Hopefully, it will be completed by this time next year. Cheers,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333