Another Aircraft From the Duke

Mark Deliduka

I finally got this one done!

This is a model that has been sitting on my workbench for three years because the propeller assembly I'd done had disappeared. Well, this Friday at our Distressed Kit Auction, I found another kit exactly the same as this one; but missing the one side of the fuselage. I got the kit for a buck, and the next day at St. Crispin's Hobby Day, I finally got this model finished!

Here it is, the 1/72 scale Revell P-39 Airacobra that I finally can call finished!

USP39AiracobraI.jpg

USP39AiracobraII.jpg

Man, I'm so glad to finally get this hanger queen where it belongs: on the finished shelf next to all my other finished models!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Good lookin' Airacobra Duke! Knowing how fast you build them, having a hangar queen for 3yrs must have kept you up nights! :smiley2: Congrats for attaining peace of mind!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! It sure did! man the frustration I had seeing that thing sitting on my 'shelf of shame' for all that time drove me nuts; especially since I had put that propeller assembly aside JUST TO KEEP FROM LOSING IT!

Yeah, peace of mind! Can't beat it!

one of my favorite, nice job, beautiful painting. i like this plane and have eduard and hasegawa kits. some of my friends said it was not a good plane but i do not care, it is beautiful. i do not drive this plane, but i build it. :)

I agree Ying! It is a beautiful plane and I'm thrilled to have it finished!