For you B-17 Lovers!!!

Mark Aldrich

Wow! And I thought my Airfix 24th Mossie was big! (and it is!).

I'm waiting for the 32nd B-47 or B-52.

I do not need this . . . I do not need this . . . I do not need this . . . I do not need this . . . Oh, fooey, I do! :wub:

Ed

OH I WANT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! May not need it but want over rules. :smiley32:

My library has many, many books on the B-17, 8th AF, BG histories, crew bio's, etc -- I've been in love with the B-17 since well, at least when the War Lover (the book) came out, if not before.

Nonetheless, this is nuts ... Ain't gonna happen .... For one thing, I'd have nightmares thinking about preserving (or restoring) that rivet pattern -- that would take all the fun out of it.

I just can't imagine where one would display it....once it was built!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link!

I will have to try and talk myself out of this one - I really don't have the room! :smiley2:

I don't care where I put it--I want at least one of these. I wonder if they will make an earlier version like the multiple versions of the B-25 they are doing? This will be an incredible year for 1/32 scale bombers--the B-25s, the He-111, and now this B-17G. I just hope the interior detail is as nice looking as those external pieces.

I just hope the interior detail is as nice looking as those external pieces.

I just hope the interior is more accurate than the exterior, which should simulate lapped panel joins and round rivets instead of trenches and divots to hold "washes" and "filters." No B-17 ever looked like what that kit's surface "detail" purports to portray. It's truly sad when accuracy has to be sacrificed for the latest modeling fads, especially in a product which could break new ground.

When it was founded (and I was there shortly thereafter), IPMS was about building accurate models, not "pretty" ones built to a formula.