Cummins 855 engine

Guys, I'm needing help and so far Sourkraut's models has not responded to my question. The well drilling rig I'm working on for the IMPS Journal uses a Cummins 855 engine to drive the drilling motor and on Soukraut's website he lists Cummins resin engines as

:

KTA 450-600HP

ISX Signature 600

N-14, E4

L-10 and

M-11.

My question is this. Are any of these engines a Cummins 855?

Guys, I'm needing help and so far Sourkraut's models has not responded to my question. The well drilling rig I'm working on for the IMPS Journal uses a Cummins 855 engine to drive the drilling motor and on Soukraut's website he lists Cummins resin engines as

:

KTA 450-600HP

ISX Signature 600

N-14, E4

L-10 and

M-11.

My question is this. Are any of these engines a Cummins 855?

I suggest you Google for cummins 855 (then some of the others listed above) and follow the links and look at the images -- I found a lot of stuff out there that may give you what you need. I did see one statement that the N-14 was not an 855 but was based on it -- I don't know if that makes them look-alikes or not.

Happy hunting !!!

I suggest you Google for cummins 855 (then some of the others listed above) and follow the links and look at the images -- I found a lot of stuff out there that may give you what you need. I did see one statement that the N-14 was not an 855 but was based on it -- I don't know if that makes them look-alikes or not.

Happy hunting !!!

Thanks John. I googled a few days ago and frankly I wouldn't know what a Cummins 855 looks like as opposed to a Cat engine. LOL. I'd really love to get an accurate engine IF possible as this rig is to scale on everything and I sure wouldn't want to say at a contest it's an accurate model of the real vehicle if things don't jive. Perseverence :smiley20:

Jim

The N14 will be the closest of those listed being related and the same displacement (14 liters), but the 855 is an older engine.

The L10 is a 10 liter engine, the M11 is an 11 liter engine so a fair bit smaller. The KTA is a V engine so completely different (most Cummins are I-6). The ISX replaced the N14 so is at least two generations beyond and slightly larger displacement (14.9 liter)

The 855 is not really just one engine, but a series of related engines all displacing 855 cubic inches (14 liters). You will often hear it called the Big cam although the "small" cam is also 855 cubic inches. I think the motor in the recently re-issued AMT Freightliner COE, or the AMT Peterbilt would have engines that would be considered 855s.

The N14 will be the closest of those listed being related and the same displacement (14 liters), but the 855 is an older engine.

The L10 is a 10 liter engine, the M11 is an 11 liter engine so a fair bit smaller. The KTA is a V engine so completely different (most Cummins are I-6). The ISX replaced the N14 so is at least two generations beyond and slightly larger displacement (14.9 liter)

The 855 is not really just one engine, but a series of related engines all displacing 855 cubic inches (14 liters). You will often hear it called the Big cam although the "small" cam is also 855 cubic inches. I think the motor in the recently re-issued AMT Freightliner COE, or the AMT Peterbilt would have engines that would be considered 855s.

Thanks Aaron. I have a reissued White Freightliner so I'll build that engine up. And I believe the tranny that comes with it is an Eaton Fuller 13 speed so that makes my day right there. Problem=Solution.

Jim

• 1 month later...

this is the start kind of on the new rig I'm building. it's a Crane Carrier truck and Ingersol rand drilling rig.

CCC-1044-1.jpg

CCC-1046.jpg

CCC-1025.jpg

Edited by skysoldier46