thank you, guys, other questions :)

guaguachong

1. for some models, the panel lines are to shadow, so we have to make it deeper. usually we use something like very thin knife to cut the lines again. how do we call this thing? and where i can buy them? i know hasegawa makes some, trumpter makes some but could nto find them on ebay. what do you guys use here?

2. follow the last question. it is fairly easy to cut out of the panel line which will make it mass up. my friends told me that we can use stick with hard edge to stick along the panel lines and then we can cut following it. where do you guys call that stick and where i could find it?

3. this question is about taking photoes. there is a kind paper which has gradually changing color on it, like the color changes from white to light gray to a little deeper gray. it is very helpful to make the picture look more clear, sharp. what is the name of these paper and how i can buy it? in china we call it gradually color change paper... :)

language barrier is tough in all area, hopefully i can work out better :)

The tool you're describing is usually called a "scribing tool." The best one I've ever found is from UMM models, available here.

For making straight lines, I usually use "dymo tape." This is the tape used in label makers. It's made of stiff plastic, and has an adhesive back so you can stick it to the model to guide your scriber. You can usually find it in the office supply section of most stores.

I'm not sure about the paper you're describing.

Happy Modeling!

Steve Nelson

IPMS#30925

The tool you're describing is usually called a "scribing tool." The best one I've ever found is from UMM models, available here.

For making straight lines, I usually use "dymo tape." This is the tape used in label makers. It's made of stiff plastic, and has an adhesive back so you can stick it to the model to guide your scriber. You can usually find it in the office supply section of most stores.

I'm not sure about the paper you're describing.

Happy Modeling!

Steve Nelson

IPMS#30925

thank you very much. your answer is so helpful.

happy new year. :)

3. this question is about taking photoes. there is a kind paper which has gradually changing color on it, like the color changes from white to light gray to a little deeper gray. it is very helpful to make the picture look more clear, sharp. what is the name of these paper and how i can buy it? in china we call it gradually color change paper... :)

I think it is called "gradient paper". You may find it at an art or scrapbook store.

This place and probably lots of other photography store have a professional product called "graduated background" that is what you want but seems expensive.

When I was web-searching for places with gradient paper, I found a suggestion to use photoshop to create a gradient image and have Kinkos print it on plain paper to whatever size you want.

Don

I think it is called "gradient paper". You may find it at an art or scrapbook store.

This place and probably lots of other photography store have a professional product called "graduated background" that is what you want but seems expensive.

When I was web-searching for places with gradient paper, I found a suggestion to use photoshop to create a gradient image and have Kinkos print it on plain paper to whatever size you want.

Don

Thank you. this is definitly what i am talking about. i know it is expensive even in China, but i still get shock when i see the price.

OMG. let me think about it. maybe just let friend bring me one from china. :)