Hobbyboss 1/72 F-86F-40

Keith Pruitt

Finally finished one...

This is the HobbyBoss "Easy Build" F-86F-40. Not a lot of cockpit detail, but shape and surface detail are fairly nice for the scale. The air brakes were molded to be open, but one "hinge" was broken in the box, so I closed them. This build was done as an exercise for an airbrush review...

HB_F-86F-40002.jpg

HB_F-86F-40005.jpg

HB_F-86F-40009.jpg

HB_F-86F-40010.jpg

Also, I caught an oversight, and painted the wingtip lights after taking the pics. Comments and criticism are welcome...

Edited by Keith Pruitt

Excellent job on the panel lines as seen on the underside! Very nice job!

Thanks, Dick, Mark and Bill.

Mark, you'd like this kit...simplistic, but it has better surface detail than you'd think. I added some IP & side console decals from the spares box, just so the cockpit wouldn't be so bare.

Bill...that is NICE!! Hartmann's ride, from the numbers. Beautiful work!

Thanks, Dick, Mark and Bill.

Mark, you'd like this kit...simplistic, but it has better surface detail than you'd think. I added some IP & side console decals from the spares box, just so the cockpit wouldn't be so bare.

Correct on Hartmann. Fun little kit

A couple of weeks on the bench and a little Alclad

Thanks for the compliments..How about alink to your airbrush article?

Cheers

Bill :smiley17:

Nice job on both jets! Alclad is a great way to get a shiny metal finish and you did a great job on the application!

Thanks for the compliments..How about alink to your airbrush article?

It's easy to compliment nice work...and yours is definitely that.

I'll see if I can post a link...I'll have to wait 'til it's published, and that date is up to my editor...<sigh>

Very nice Sabre!

There was once a young F-100C driver from the 461st FDS (Deadly Jesters) who was jumped by a couple of L/W F-86's during a training flight over Hahn AB, FRG. Afterward, the Hahn wing commander was gonna punish young LT for aerobatics over the airfield, when he got a phone call from COL Erich Hartmann saying "...thanx for that great dogfight!" How cool is that?