M7 Priest

maxk485

Max,

I to have this new kit. I have not built it yet. One of my model mag's I bought this month has an artical on British M-7's. Most of the photo's are from he D-Day time frame. They should be able to help. I will check back with you later, as I am not home right now.

Chris

Keep hoping for a good kit in 72nd as the British version at El Alamein has been on my list for a while (and not the old Matchbox 76th one).

Think the Dragon kit has the double pulpit and the ones in North Africa only had the single one (like the Academy kit). Could do a later version from Italy or France with this kit.

gay_priest.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I haven't had much time to research the priest or go through my kit yet with work and all. You're right, the dragon kit does have the double pulpit. I'm probably going to end up doing an italian version; anything to get away from that monotone olive green!

Got home and checked my model mag's. The artical is not about British M-7's , but Canadian's> It was in the Military Modelling <October> issue. Talked about the vehichles used on D-Day. The M-7 that was mentioned in the artical was the later version with the deeper pulpit. The one the British used in the desert had the lower pulpit. I too have not done a lot of research yet. So I hope this helps a little.

Chris