Take Two Was: Forum Update Thanksgiving weekend

Eric Aitala

Hm... I am not seeing this. Things are pretty speedy for me.

E

I like the new look of the posts, but the speed that screens change when clicking a function button is S...L...O...W! It took 55 seconds from the time I clicked the Add Reply button until the progress bar at the bottom of my screen blinked out and the cursor started flashing in this message box. That is not an improvement. Clicking on a forum topic from the list takes at least 30 seconds to clear the screen and show the new posts on the topic.

Ed

I especially like the Calendar feature. I see that several have already found it easy and useful.

Now if only all the events in the "upcoming events" page could be autolinked somehow onto the calendar. It might be easier to load them into the calendar and have that page generated as a report, I don't know.

I tried to add our meeting, on the second saturday of each month, but just like almost every other calendar I've ever seen it cannot figure out how to do that. Palm had one that would allow a recurring event set for any variable number of days (every fifth day to feed a snake) or based on the week (second week) ... but it disappeared a few years ago when the pad did an update to a new version!

BTW, it took about 5 seconds for the reply page to load. Like Eric said, about the same as before.

You mean from the main IPMS web site to the Forums? Not easily doable. It would be simpler to move the calendar to the 'Reviews' web site then have that data exported/imported into the Forum calendar via RSS. I've basically done something similar and have event info imported into F1M.com that way.

Eric

I especially like the Calendar feature. I see that several have already found it easy and useful.

Now if only all the events in the "upcoming events" page could be autolinked somehow onto the calendar. It might be easier to load them into the calendar and have that page generated as a report, I don't know.

Not really. There are some technical issues which make things unduly complicated and probably not worth the effort of trying to patch up an old application. Its also a matter of timing and priorities - getting the Reviews site rebuilt was a major issue. Now that its up and running, with its underlying infrastructure, I can start building new services and moving old ones to it. We've got a couple things in the pipeline there... for example, adding the SIGs listing and the Journal Articles was just a start.

Eric

Is there an easy answer as to why the two/three sides (of our site) aren't interlinked, interlaced or whatever it's called?