First Look At Pegasus Hobbies Newest Models

Mark Deliduka

Yes! I haven't been this excited in years about getting a model as I am about getting these two! I have always wanted these in my scale and finally, Pegasus Hobbies has come through!

This is the first 1/72 scale injection molded plastic model of the M26 (T26E3) Pershing in 1/72 scale. It was developed by Pegasus Hobbies and a contract was made with Trumpeter to mold these at their factory. Due to issues with Trumpeter that included the release of a prebuilt model of this tank from these sprues, Pegasus model was delayed for about four years. I had seen the test shots of this model way back when it was first being developed and the wait has been agonizing for me since I've been waiting 20+ years for someone to do this tank in 1/72 scale! Finally, I have acquired not one, but TWO of my "Holy Grails"!

Here are the box shots:

HolyGrail%20I.JPG

HolyGrail%20II.JPG

I am STOKED!!

Here's the sprues that I found in the box of the T26E3, in addition to the standard decal sheet with white stars and numbers. The scheme called for in this model is the Pershing that engaged the Panther just outside the Cologne Cathedral; the engagement was caught on tape. Despite this tank not having any stars on it at all at the time of the engagement, Pegasus included a full set of white stars on the decals sheet:

HolyGrail%20III.JPG

I'll post pics of the sprues to the M46 in the next post since the Forums here don't allow more than four or five pics at a time...

Here are the pics to the M-46 Patton sprues for your perusal. Note the hard link and length tracks on this one. I should be starting this one soon too!

HolyGrail%20IV.JPG

HolyGrail%20V.JPG

Here are the first pics of my T26E3 Pershing in 1/72 scale being assembled. It is a great little kit whose only real issue is the seam on the turret:

WIP%20Pershing%20I.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20II.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20III.JPG

Oh man, am I excited!

Thanks for looking!

And here is more progress. I cleaned up the turret considerably; filling the seams and sanding off mold seam lines. I also painted the tracks in preparation for installation as seen in the last pic.

Here she is:

WIP%20Pershing%20IV.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20V.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20VI.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20VII.JPG

Once again, the upper hull isn't connected to the lower one. That'll be one of the last things I do to finish this.

This is where I am now with this one. The Patton hasn't had enough progress yet for pics. The Pershing here will be painted soon within the next few days and so I should have pics up soon.

Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.

And here is more progress. I cleaned up the turret considerably; filling the seams and sanding off mold seam lines. I also painted the tracks in preparation for installation as seen in the last pic.

Here she is:

WIP%20Pershing%20IV.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20V.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20VI.JPG

WIP%20Pershing%20VII.JPG

Once again, the upper hull isn't connected to the lower one. That'll be one of the last things I do to finish this.

This is where I am now with this one. The Patton hasn't had enough progress yet for pics. The Pershing here will be painted soon within the next few days and so I should have pics up soon.

Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.

Those look pretty nice. What kinda price do those kits run?

T Abbott

Those look pretty nice. What kinda price do those kits run?

T Abbott

I got these at Pegasus Hobbies for $14.99 each. Not sure what they'd be at a mail order house, but that should give you an idea.

Thanks for looking.

• 1 month later...
Mark,

Any further on the Pershing and/or Patton?

Actually yes. The Pershing has been finished for a few weeks now. I'm surprised I didn't post it. I'll have to find those pics.

The Patton is about two-thirds done. I'm in the process of getting that difficult tiger face painted in full. Should be soon. Keep checking back.

Oh, and I just picked up the Trumpeter M-26 (T26E4) Pershing and the Trumpeter M-26A1 Pershing in 1/72 scale. Gonna get them started as well.

Have to let me know how the Trumpeter kits compare. I am more interested in the Patton and wish someone would do the M-47 so I could do a little "Battle of the Bulge" dio with a Chaffee.

I agree. I want an M-47 also.

As for the Trumpeter kits, they are exactly the same as the Pegasus Pershing, with the exception of a couple added parts that the Pegasus Pershing doesn't have. After all, Pegasus developed the molds for the two Trumpeter Pershings along with their own. That was part of the agreement with Trumpeter to release the M-26 (T26 E3) and the M-46 Patton in Pegasus boxes.

I am disappointed with their M-113 series. Think I may stick with the Italeri/ESCI version.

Been contemplating a couple What If builds. Debating whether to do them in 35th or 72nd. Course, can't find a Sgt York in 72nd so that may be my deciding factor.

I actually kind of like their M113's. I am a bit disappointed that they don't have the commander's pedestal or driver's station inside, but overall I kind of like them. I'm doing one with an interior right now and it's taking forever since a couple of my sources who crewed these have been slow in getting back to me on mine.

Good luck on the Sgt. York. I've always wanted one of those in 1/72 scale also, but good luck actually seeing one. Maybe someday my skills will be up to par to try scratchbuilding one.

Oh, check out my "Thank you Chuck Bush" Thread for more progress on the M-46 Patton.

Thanks again for the comments.

Archived