JAXCON 2011 is TOMORROW!

Yea, I know it's almost 3mos away, but Thanksgiving is next week with the shopping season and Christmas following quickly on its heels. Before you know it, it'll be New Years and JAXCON 2011 will only be a month away!

This will be our usual one day whirlwind show with more categories than any other IPMS show outside of the Nats! We're also at the same facility as the past several years, the UNF University Center here in Jacksonville, FL. We have almost 10,000sqft of well lit carpeted space, with a snack bar, an ATM, and plenty of free parking!

You can get complete info (show times, directions, rules, categories, etc) at ipms-firstcoast.com. If you're a vendor, 8ft tables are only $30@, so don't delay in reserving yours!

JAXCON has become one of the most fun shows, and one of the biggest shows in the southeast, averaging between 400-500 entries and right around 100 entrants. Feel free to email me with questions. I hope you can join us for the festivities!

Gil Hodges, JAXCON 2011 chairman smiley16.gif

Edited by ghodges

• 3 weeks later...

Our website, ipms-firstcoast has been updated with all of the latest Jaxcon 2011 info. Once again this year, you can pre-register (but not pre-pay) on-line. There are also forms you can call up and print out if (like me) you're "old school". Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

I look forward to being at your show....... Do you have any tables left?

Take care see you soon.

RONBO.

• 5 weeks later...

As expected, the vendors area is all but "officially" sold out! If you still want a table or two, I can find somewhere to squeeze you in, but you better act fast! Regular space is gone and I expect to sell the alcoves out within a week! It's gonna be another great Jaxcon, I hope you can join us for the fun!

No.....You can improve the kit gun barrels by drilling them out, removing seam lines, etc; but you cannot replace them. As for seat belts, simple tape belts are allowed, but not aftermarket pe stuff.

Well, ONE week to go! The vendors area is SOLD OUT!! The awards for the almost 100 categories are ready. The raffle will have close to 100 items up for grabs, including several worth $100+ retail value.

Go to ipms-firstcoast.com for complete info and directions to the UNF University Center here in Jacksonville FL.. Or, email me at: slowhandshodges@bellsouth.net with your question. Hope you can join us here for some southeastern sunshine, warm winter temps, and some hot modeling fun!

GIL

Just got the word today....FRIDAY evening vendor load-in is a GO! So if you're vending at Jaxcon, you WILL be able to load-in to the facility from 5pm-8pm. NOTE: If you're NOT a vendor, you're welcome to attend, BUT be aware that vendors will NOT be ready to sell! You'll have to wheel and deal as circumstances allow :smiley17:, AND also NOT be in the way of those trying to load-in and set up their tables.:smiley24: Still, if you're helping some guy tote his stuff in you at least get a first look at what he has to sell! :smiley20:

Half the vendors have already loaded in (and done a little business to we early eager beavers). The room is set up and the category signs in place. all that's left is to load in the rest of the vendors, set up the raffle, and welcome the folks to the show!

God speed and safe journey to all who're making the trip!