Box Art Archive Additions

Dick Montgomery

More images have been added to the IPMS Box Art Archive. You can view these additions in the Bf-110 Album, the Mirage Variants Album, and the Fujimi Album. There are thousands of images of box art for your viewing enjoyment, some relatively new items and some that are classic.

If you wish to add an image of your favorite piece of box art, or images from your collection of kits, your contribution would be most welcomed.

It is important and very helpful that you identify the box art by naming the image file in the same manner as you see currently used in the Album.

For example a P-51 in 1/32nd scale by XYZ company, with an item number of 1001 would be

P.51D.XYZ.1001.32nd

Please take the time to crop the image to eliminate any background around the image. If you don't have the software to do this type of editing just send the image along anyway and we'll try to do it for you.

For large numbers of files we can provide you with a method to upload your images directly to the server. PM me for details.

For small numbers of files (10 or less) please attach them to an email. Again, PM for details.

• 3 weeks later...

About 200 new Box Art images were added to the Box Art Archive inside the "Gallery" area. We can always use more images so if you wish to send a contribution please contact me via email or PM and I'll provide you with some additional information.

In the meantime, visit the Box Art Album at http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/box_art_album/ and see if your favorite model's box art is present!

In the meantime if you want to see a blast from the past, look at this image and see if you can figure out what is in error: http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/box_art_album/Aircraft/A/A-4+Skyhawk/QA_4M_Skyhawk_Monogram_48th_Box_Error.JPG.html

The "MARINIES" will be landing soon. I saw a TV ad for "Flordia Vacations" the other day. Of course, there are enough typos on the DF to fill a book. "Accuracy is our motto; we never make misteaks!"

Ed

No, that's actually from a Saturday morning cartoon called "Mr. Fuzzy Head and the Aqua-Marinies". A fuscia colored muppet like puppet and a bunch of shrunken looking Smurf-like things battle the forces of the Scabbie Pflegm Monster! Kind of like Clutch Cargo crossed with Crusader Rabbit with a little Gerald McBoingBoing mixed in.

"Marinies" is a classic error. I wonder if there is other box art out there that also contain such funny and interesting features? Of all the images in the Box Art Archive "Marinies" is the only one to contain such an error, at least that I'm aware of.

Just uploaded and added to the Box Art Archive, another 60+ images have been added. Most of the images are automotive subjects by AMT, Monogram, Revell, and Lindberg.

Thanks for the contributions guys!

http://ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/box_art_album/