Zero A6M2

JTRACING

:smiley20: Put in my vote for "A Very Nice Job" as well, especially the weathering. :smiley20:

If you have the time could you explain a little bit about how you weathered the model? Did you paint/pencil the silver over the green or chip/wipe away the green to expose the silver underneath??

I haven't really tried weathering any of mine yet, have read most of the magazine articles about various techniques, just haven't tried any yet. I have the Hasegawa Ki-43-I on the bench right now and am going to undercoat it with Testors Aluminum Metalizer then over coat with Tamiya IJA Green and grey, but after that I'm not quite sure how I want to weather the green to expose the metalizer. Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Kevin

Always a fun build, especially from this manufacturer. I've built several and each time I'm impressed with the beauty of the lines of this aircraft. In skilled hands it was a dangerous foe right to the bitter end. I too really like the war weary look you've achieved on this one. Thanks for posting it.

Chris

thanks dudes!

:smiley20: Put in my vote for "A Very Nice Job" as well, especially the weathering. :smiley20:

If you have the time could you explain a little bit about how you weathered the model? Did you paint/pencil the silver over the green or chip/wipe away the green to expose the silver underneath??

I haven't really tried weathering any of mine yet, have read most of the magazine articles about various techniques, just haven't tried any yet. I have the Hasegawa Ki-43-I on the bench right now and am going to undercoat it with Testors Aluminum Metalizer then over coat with Tamiya IJA Green and grey, but after that I'm not quite sure how I want to weather the green to expose the metalizer. Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Kevin

for weathering the paint chips i paint the plane silver. then spray it with hairspray. then paint normally with tamiya paints. then you can just make the paint damp and use a toothpick to peel away the green top layer. you still will have to blend it like feather the edges in places

for normal fading and streaks i use oil paints

Thanks for the idea - never thought of using hairspray. I'll give it a try on the Ki-43-I.

Kevin

thanks dudes!

for weathering the paint chips i paint the plane silver. then spray it with hairspray. then paint normally with tamiya paints. then you can just make the paint damp and use a toothpick to peel away the green top layer. you still will have to blend it like feather the edges in places

for normal fading and streaks i use oil paints

Kevin,

If you go over to missing lynx, TreadHeads use the same technique with fabulious results!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/search

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich