Treadhead Needs Help

Mark Aldrich

After seeing Evgeni's gorgeous real world Yamato, it reminded me that I had a 1/500 Starblazers version that I might break out. Does anyone know of a maker or brass barrels for any Yamato kit? I saw Fuji's hop up and I can't see spending $300 plus bucks just for barrels and maybe some railing. ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mark,

Try Griffin. They do make barrels. Eduard or Aber might have something too.

You're coming closer to the light Mark. Come closer, and closer and you will find peace of mind. :)

On second thought, check with Roger. He does all that "big gun" stuff.

I used some brass tubes in one of those "grab bags" they sell at Hobby Town stores, worked just fine!

yam_455.26495907_large.JPG

yam_448.26054135_large.JPG

Simon,

Very nice!!! Is that the 350 or the 500?

Mark

Just the small 1/500th Bandai version. Not the best kit they make, and that HUGE 1/350th makes me drool! If I'm lucky, one day I will get a client that wants one built, that sucker has motorized everything!

Thanks for the praise Mark! It had Flashing main Guns effect, lighting inside and out, and a very cool firing forward Cannon circuit. Lots crammed into a tiny kit, it was around 12 or 13 inches long, something like that.

Those "Grab Bags" are really nice, if you choose the ones which have a lot of brass tubes, it can really be the cheapest way to get Gun Barrels. I also get Brass Tubes at the hardware store and cut them myself, that would be the second cheapest way. And they last through many projects.

Hope that's helpful! :smiley20: