Eduards 1/32 Bf-109 Canopy issue

Weedeater

As James noted above, the canopy shape issue is with the E-3 kit, and Eduard has corrected the shape and will issue the corrected canopy in their E-4/E-7 kit. The E-1 canopy is correct....

Ralph

Ralph and all,

Has Eduard said anything about replacing the canopies on the alreadfy issued kits?

The last post I saw on the subject indicates "No". However, I don't know if they've re-thought that....it would be the right thing to do.

I guess the answer will come in one of their newsletters....

Ralph

Ralph, David, and All,

- I recently acquired Eduard's Profipack issue of the Bf-109E-4, kit number 3003.

1. Was this one of the kits with the effected canopy?

2. If so, did they eventually correct the problem in this kit?

3. And what do I look for to confirm whether or not I got one of the "corrected" canopies?

4. If they did not correct this canopy, where do I go to find the "corrected" replacement?

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Edited by Weedeater

You're good...only the E-3 had teh incorrect canopy. Eduard offered a free replacement earlier this year.

Later,

Lee

Pardon my ignorance here (a common theme for me! :smiley17: ), but are we mixing up scales here?

The original post concerns the 1/32 109E kit. I thought the Profi-pack kits were 1/48? Do both scales of 109Es have the same canopy issues? Or have the issues been solved for one or the other scales, or both? Thanks!

GIL :smiley16:

Ralph, David, and All,

- I recently acquired Eduard's Profipack issue of the Bf-109E-4, kit number 3003.

1. Was this one of the kits with the effected canopy?

2. If so, did they eventually correct the problem in this kit?

3. And what do I look for to confirm whether or not I got one of the "corrected" canopies?

4. If they did not correct this canopy, where do I go to find the "corrected" replacement?

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Eduard had a box of the corrected canopies in baggies at Phoenix. Free to anyone needing one. These are 1/32 scale. I know because I picked one up and am looking a it right now. It has two sets. One has a hole in the windscreen and has a telescopic site included. for that version of windscreen. Site opening is on starboard side of front panel lower corner.

If you need the replacement you should contact Eduard directly via email on their site.

D. Goudie 6340