72 Maverick

raisin27

Recently finished this one. Don Nicholson was my favorite driver from the early days of pro stock racing.

Heres a replica of his 1972 ride. It was built from an old JoHan glue bomb, with an engine bay grafted from a newer issue Monogram Mustang and Slixx decals.

Thanks for looking,

Raisin

P1018024.jpg

P1018014.jpg

P1018030.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, A couple of you mentioned the pictures, that got me wondering............Do any of you pick up things when looking at a pic of your models that isnt apparent when you see the model in person?

As an example of what Im trying to say, in the pictures of my Maverick I noticed that the rims looked a bit to bright. I never noticed it on the actual model until after I saw it on the pics. I have since gone back and toned them down a bit.

I dont know if it goes for others but I always seem to notice something in the pics that I end up going back to correct.

Raisin

Do any of you pick up things when looking at a pic of your models that isnt apparent when you see the model in person?

Yes, the first time that I thought I would try presenting a project on a web forum in the 'work in progress' section I found various things show up in pictures that never caught my eye. This was really not too long ago but I now have a habit of taking 4 or 5 pics after each model session. Not just the finished product. No special background or anything just some shots on my digital at a mid to high resolution. Then I store them on the computer in a folder relating to the project. It may sound like more work that it is worth but with 40 something eyes failing me more & more it is really an easy way to spot problems others may have no problem picking up on. While at first blush I would attribute the percieved advantage to clatity/resolution/zoom I rather believe it is simply a change in perspective that allows for the sight of previously unnoticed details (right or wrong)

• 2 weeks later...

That is an outstanding model!

Yes, I have actually changed my mind about posting pictures because of seeing my mistakes. Sometimes, a model looks better in person.