Questions on the AMT 1/48 A-20G vs A-20J

TimHortman

Hello all!

Has anyone out there started/built/finished the AMT 1/48 A-20G or A-20J kit?

I have a sealed A-20J in my collection, but was looking for an A-20G. Can anyone tell me if there are parts in the J kit to build a G? I assume the only differences would be in the nose area (?)

I don't want to open up the one I have just to see that I will need to purchase a new kit.

I see this kit has been re-released (by another company) and is currently available again.

Thanks for the help!

Tim

OK Tim,

- I pulled out of my stash the A-20G, kit #8894 and the A-20J, kit #8895. Neither kits' instructions show parts tree layouts (sometimes a nice bonus to double-check these kinds of things). I looked thru all trees and in my two samples, neither included more than just the specific nose section parts for each of their releases. One only has the "G" nose and the other only has the "J" nose. A small note though, my "J" kits' poly bags are all open. Since I may be the second or third owner on this kit (sometimes I just can't remember all of my sources for acquisition, yuck, yuck) there is a "remote" possibility that more was originally included with the J. But that's iffy.

Thank you Ken!

That is exactly what I needed to know.

I don't think I have built one of the newer AMT kits (when they were in business) but I didn't think they would have parts for the other versions in the same box.

Thank you again for your time!

Tim