USMC Trucks Help

Pappy

Hi,

Has any one came across any 1/35th scale USMC Trucks like an International M5/6 or an International M2.4? I know that the Marines did not use any GMC 2 1/2 or Dodege WC's but, I could be wrong. Any information will help / Pictures too. Thanks.

Pappy

Hi Mark,

The Marines did use the M35A2 in Vietnam. You are talking about the M35A2 2 1/2? Here is a reference too. I served in the Corps. and enjoy building Marine Corps. Vic's. Hey do you use enamels for a base coat and how do you do an enamel wash over them?

http://www.themech.org/roster.html

Pappy :smiley20:

Keith,

I've heard it suggested that if the base coat is enamel then "wash" with acrylic. The wash will not attack the enamel base. It would, of course, work in the other direction as well.

Hi Mike,

I know for a fact that the M35A2's were used in Iraq and in Somalia. I served in both areas in the Corps. Road around in some and I got to say; what a hard ride. It is almost like being kicked by a mule or riding in a buck board. The M35A2's were painted in 3 color nato, the wheel were in black and in the deserts; pinkish tan the under bodies were left in nato green.

Hi Mark,

The Marines did use the M35A2 in Vietnam. You are talking about the M35A2 2 1/2? Here is a reference too. I served in the Corps. and enjoy building Marine Corps. Vic's. Hey do you use enamels for a base coat and how do you do an enamel wash over them?

http://www.themech.org/roster.html

Thanks Pappy. I'm not sure which one the Academy kit is, but I think I can make it work. As for my wash; I use enamel paints, then coat with Future before washing with an enamel wash. I've never had a problem with my paint being attacked; the Future keeps it protected. Of course, make sure you have ample drying time between coats.

Hope this helps.