My Latest Build - Eduard Moraine Saulnier N-1

dcaponeII

Nothing too special for the bleached linen. I preshaded the ribs with leather. Then I mixed a bit of wood and leather into flat white enamel paint for the base color and sprayed until the preshading was just visible when the color coat was dry. I then shot a coat of clear gloss lacquer. Most of the effect comes from an acrylic wash applied over the top of the gloss coat. I applied a line across the top parallel to the long axis to the wing and then drew it in the direction of the slipstream with a wide dry brush. Then I sprayed another coat of gloss to seal it. Applied the decals, one more gloss coat and then another application of wash over the decals.

I did similar effect on the fuselage but pulled the wash downward with the dry brush.

In summary, I kept adding thin layers of paint, gloss and acrylic wash until I thought it looked correct. When it was the way I wanted then I sprayed flat clear lacquer over the entire model Note: I actually applied two separate coats of clear flat. The first had two drops of white mixed in and was applied to the upper surfaces. For the second coat I took the remaining mix in the paint up and added one drop of black. I sprayed this darkened mixture around the perimeter of the upper surfaces.

I hope this explanation helps you understand the process I used.