Testing a new feature

Eric Aitala

Hi Folks,

I am going to be testing a new feature here in the General Modeling area - when a new Review is published on the Reviews website, a post will be made here with a 'teaser' of the review plus a link to the full review.

There will be the occasional odd character that may show up in the text - its an issue with smart/curly quotes - but that's not a major deal.

Hopefully, folks will find it useful...

Eric

Eric,

Excellent Idea! I had thought about doing that in the armor forum also, just like I link the box art to the new reviews. I absolutely love the new review site for the "direct to A review"! Keep up the great work!

Ok, it seems to be working now.. the issue was actually something odd that cropped up on the Review site...

Also, I've set up a new forum area for Review announcements... for the moment no one can start topics there, but can reply to them...

New forum is at - http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?showforum=49

Eric

It seems to be working good Eric. I have added one comment to get it started.

I noted that your programing did not include the article from the January 2008 Journal. I was impressed that past articles like this could be brought back from time to time. The article is really informative from the tips standpoint (at least to someone who doesn't normally build figures). I was wondering what was behind posting this article. As I said, I like the idea but was curious why it popped up.

Posting PDFs of past Journal articles goes back to a number of Forum threads about making some of that material (or entire Journals) available online to promote the quality of the Journal. We should be posting an article every once in a while, but a definite schedule is still a work in progress. It won't be as frequent as posting new reviews...

We're still working out the details, so you may see a post or two in the Forums about it..

A direct link to the Index page -> http://web.ipmsusa3.org/journal

Eric

It seems to be working good Eric. I have added one comment to get it started.

I noted that your programing did not include the article from the January 2008 Journal. I was impressed that past articles like this could be brought back from time to time. The article is really informative from the tips standpoint (at least to someone who doesn't normally build figures). I was wondering what was behind posting this article. As I said, I like the idea but was curious why it popped up.